Christmas is a time of lots and lots of yummy treats. This little treat would be great for a school party, office treats, or any special Christmas event. These brownies are simple and fun to make.
Here’s what you will need:
-A box of brownie mix
-A box of candy canes
-Green icing that will be easy to make thin lines with
-A 8×8 baking pan
1. Prepare your baking pan by spraying with cooking spray, or line it with foil and spray it.
2. Next follow the baking instructions for the brownies. Make sure no to over cook. Once they are done, let them sit and cool for about an hour.
3. Once they have cooled well enough to cut, lay the square of brownies out on a cutting board and get ready to cut some triangles. Using a sharp knife start but doing to two diagonal lines, giving you four triangles.
4. From there you can cut all of those triangles in half.( You can also make a grid of sorts, but this was easier to me.) If the triangles are weirdly shaped trim them up a bit. The brownie scraps would be yummy on ice cream.
5. Next you will need to get out your candy canes. Unwrap them and get started breaking small pieces of for your tree trunk. You may have to try a few sizes to see what looks best. You will have lots of left over candy cane pieces. These would be great to save to top so Christmas cookies or another fun treat.
6. Once you have snapped all you tree trunk pieces off, gently insert them into the bottom of the triangle.
7. No you are ready for icing. I chose icing in a tube that was already green. If you want thicker garlands you’d need to use tips and icing bags. I was going for simple and the least amount of mess!
8. Once you have carefully drawn on your garland with icing, you are ready for icing. First sprinkle on your round sprinkles all over the brownie. Shake of the extra. Then choose a star sprinkle for the top. Carefully place the stars in icing at the top of the triangle.
9. And that’s all there is too it. You will now have a super cute treat that was pretty easy and fun to make. Hope you enjoy them!